14 Nov 2013

Phoenix - Lisztomania (TBT)

Happy Thursday morning! Going back four years today to 2009, and the release of Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, one of my favourite albums of the last five years. This was the album that really propelled the Frenchmen towards a more mainstream audience - ending up as one of the top 10 alternative albums of 2009! Individual tracks also received great success, with "Lisztomania" and "1901" reaching 4 and 13 on the 2009 version of 'triple j's Hot 100'.

This is one of my favourite songs, a serious pick-me-up whenever I feel down. I adore the new Phoenix album but I'm not sure any new material has the same feel-good vibes that "1901" and "Lisztomania" give off. Doesn't matter though, because who needs new feel-good when this is so good!? Having had the opportunity to see Phoenix on the final night of Reading 2013, I can assure you they still sound fantastic. Enjoy.