4 Nov 2013

The 1975 - Girls (The Knocks Remix)

I don't think I can put into words just how much I adore The 1975. Ever since I heard their music for the first time I've been absolutely transfixed by the sound they make. Every big track from their EPs has been a seriously catchy tune (The City, Sex, Chocolate), and the wait for the album release was basically unbearable - loads of my friends and I were absolutely buzzing for it!

The latest single from the self-titled début album is set to be "Girls". It's a cheeky little track about the totally confusing other gender, and it's everything we've come to love from the band. Matt Healy's voice always works on every track, it has a quality sound as well - guitars, drums, the whole lot. "Girls" is up there with "Settle Down", "Chocolate" and the re-release of "Sex" as my favourite tracks on the album.

Now, to the actual track we're showcasing here! The Knocks are remix kings, in the same league as Monsieur Adi without a shadow of a doubt. They're dance pros. So when I found out that The Knocks had remixed The 1975, I was in absolute dreamland! They've done an absolutely cracking job as well, giving a new lease of life to an already excellent track. I love the addition of the piano in the background and the increased tempo of the track - for me personally, it sounded like an excellent blend of Madeon's "Raise Your Weapon" remix (for deadmau5) and the Bodhi remix of "Good Vibrations" (Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch) - two remixes I love by two talented artists/groups. Good job boys!

For the meantime, you can download this remix for FREE! :O from The 1975's Soundcloud page. If you don't, you're an imbecile.